Psychosexual and Relationship Therapist and Counsellor
BA (Hons), Adv. Dip. Couples Therapy, Ldn. Dip. in Psychosexual and Relationship Therapy, FDN in Psychotherapy and Counselling, Adv. Dip. Contemporary Relationships (currently studying), MCOSRT (Registered)
Amanda is an integrative psychosexual and relationship psychotherapist and counsellor working with individuals and couples/partnerships using a range of approaches to suit the specific needs and preferences of the client for example: Psychodynamic, Attachment Theory, Transactional Analysis, Gestalt, Existential, CBT and Transpersonal. Amanda also offers Bibliotherapy/Book Counselling for reading and writing to support the therapeutic work.
Amanda has worked with a range of individuals and couples/partnerships of any gender from a variety of nationalities, cultures, religions, sexual orientations, ages and backgrounds, for both psychosexual and relationship therapy/counselling and general psychotherapy/counselling presentations.
Amanda advocates a safe, warm, confidential and non-judgemental space for clients to allow people to be authentic and express their thoughts and feelings freely and without reservation. She likes to provide both support and challenge to allow exploration of issues and problems, whether they be past and/or present. Amanda aims to steer clients in establishing fortitude in the face of adversity in order to lead the best life possible.
Alongside being a Psychotherapist and Counsellor, Amanda has had 25 years’ experience in working as a Teacher and Manager in schools and as an Education Consultant in a Local Authority. She also has knowledge of Italian language and culture.
Amanda regularly attends CPD and Training in order to maintain and enhance her knowledge, understanding, skills and experience in the profession.
- BA (Hons) Modern Languages (English and Italian)
- Affinity Advanced Diploma in Contemporary Relationships (currently studying)
- NAOS Advanced Diploma in Couples Therapy
- London Diploma in Psychosexual and Relationship Therapy
- London Foundation Certificate in Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Institute of Leadership and Management Coaching and Mentoring
- PGCE Secondary English (Teaching)
- MCOSRT (Registered)
- Sexual dysfunctions including arousal difficulties
- Sexual pain (Dyspareunia), Vaginismus and Anorgasmia
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Premature (Rapid) Ejaculation
- Low/no desire
- Relationship issues including infidelity, betrayal, conflict and communication
- Sexual compulsivity including porn and sex workers
- BDSM/Kink/Fetishes and Fantasies
- Sexuality and Gender
- Open relationships, Consensual non-monogamy (CNM) and Polyamory
- Intimacy and Attachment issues
- Sexual and Emotional Abuse and Sexual Assault/Rape
- Coaching and Mentoring – professional and personal for career, relationships life transitions e.g. retirement, menopause, coping with bereavement, job loss, etc.